There are many outlets to publicize your research & activities, including the Meyer Cancer Center site & internal publications (newsletter, weekly events & funding round-up, annual report); the Weill Cornell site, press releases, social media.
Please contact us for support and guidance, and specifically for any of the following:
- Publications: Let us know ASAP about any upcoming or recently released publications. Weill Cornell’s Office of External Affairs requests as much lead time as possible (ideally 6 weeks) in order to prepare press releases and acquire approvals. They work with journals to ensure embargos are followed.
- External press releases: Please let us know about any releases being issued by funding sources, journals or other external organizations, as they are supposed to be vetted by the Office of External Affairs. Allow 7-10 business days, if at all possible.
- Patient stories: We are always keen to feature clinical successes and patient stories, for our website and to pitch to media. Please let us know of any leads. Release forms are also required.
- Photography: To schedule headshots or other lab photography/video needs. Release forms are required for any patients/students/non-staff. Photos for use on lab sites, presentations, or other purposes are available here
- External media: Media conducting interviews on campus are required to be escorted by staff from the Office of External Affairs. Please let us know about any requests.
- Scientific conferences: Media support may be available for those presenting at major scientific conferences, such as ASCO, AACR, ASH, ASTRO. Let us know when your abstracts are accepted.
The Meyer Cancer Center site includes a member directory, research opportunities, funding opportunities, events, news, and program descriptions. To post job openings, change directory details or share news, please contact us.
Building a lab website:
ITS has created a lab website template available to Meyer Cancer Center members for free, with an annual hosting subscription of $360. Information on how to set one up is here
Social Media: The Meyer Cancer Center social media channels include:
Please join our community, and let us know about any of your own social media activity so we can cross-promote our members!
WCM also asks faculty and staff to register social media accounts with the Office of External Affairs at: http://intranet.med.cornell.edu/social/
See right for a guide on how to use Twitter.
Please consider using Meyer Cancer Center branded Powerpoint templates when giving presentations. See right for downloadable materials.
Standard affiliation: Sandra and Edward Meyer Cancer Center, Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medicine, New York City, NY 10065, USA. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional affiliations: Institute for Computational Biomedicine, Weill Cornell Medicine, New York, NY. Institute for Precision Medicine, Weill Cornell Medicine, New York, NY. Sandra and Edward Meyer Cancer Center, Weill Cornell Medicine, New York, NY. email@example.com
Reserve a room:
- To reserve a room across campus (including 2nd and 3rd floors of Belfer Research Building), contact Event Services at: http://weill.cornell.edu/events/
- Information about other services, such as AV rental, video recording, online broadcasting, catering, etc, can be found here: http://weill.cornell.edu/events/services/
Advertise your event:
- http://events.weill.cornell.edu/ by clicking on “Submit an Event” on the upper right, above the calendar graphic. Add your event to the Weill Cornell Medicine events calendar at
- To have the event also appear on the Meyer Cancer Center calendar, select “Meyer Cancer Center” as a department from the “Department” drop-down menu on the bottom of the event submission form (you can select more than one).
- To suggest a speaker for an upcoming Meyer Cancer Center Seminar Series event, contact Kate Carbonell. Please note: these events are organized up to a year in advance.
- To create an event poster and/or have it appear on lobby screens in Belfer and elsewhere, submit a request here: http://weill.cornell.edu/events/services/request.html
- To circulate an announcement via the WCMC-COMMUNITY listserv, send a text-only message to firstname.lastname@example.org